NOTE: This help page applies to both LifeTopix (and other classic LightArrow apps) as well as to LightArrow Organizer for iOS and Mac. So, the screenshots and directions may vary slightly based on the app you’re using.
This help page will show you how to track assets using our LightArrow Organizer App. The Assets topic enables you to manage information about your home or business and the assets that you own. The goal of the Assets topic is to help you keep track of the things that you own or rent and the details about these items. This is important for insurance reasons in case of a loss or when maintaining the items for your home or business.
1. From the modern dashboard view scroll down until you see the the “Assets, Finances & Shopping” card. Then scroll the tiles until you see the “Assets” tile, and then tap that tile.
2. From the “Assets” topic view you can manage all of your assets. You can add a new asset by tapping one of the ‘+’ buttons. After tapping the ‘+’ button enter a title for the Asset and tap the “Full Details” button so you can enter more information.
3. After tapping “Full Details” you’ll see the “Asset” view where you can enter more information about the asset. If you tap “Add Photo” that is next to the “Name” and “Comment” field you can add a picture of your asset. If the LightArrow Organizer App has permission to use the iOS Camera you’ll see an additional option called “Take Photo”.
4. Next tap the “Status” for the asset. You can add additional asset statuses by tapping the “New” button. From the “New Asset Status” view enter a status name and tap the “Save” button.
5. Now fill in the additional fields such as “Purchased”, “Cost”, etc.
6. Now scroll down and tap the “Seller” tile. From the “Select Seller” view tap the place where you bought the laptop and tap the “Save” button. If you do not see the seller in the list you can tap the ‘+’ button at the bottom of the view and create a seller.
7. Next tap the “Location” tile, and you can set the address of where the asset is located using any of the options.
8. Next tap the Context Tag tile. You can set the appropriate context tag or create a context tag by tapping the “New” button.
9. Next tap the Categories tile.
10. Next, scroll down to the bottom of the “Asset” view and you can associate this asset by tapping the ‘+’ button and you can create a new item to associate to the Asset or choose an existing item from our App. In this example I’m going to tap the “Create New”.
11. Next tap the “Task” icon, and then enter a name for the task and tap the “Save” button.
12. After the task is saved you’ll see a tasks icon with a badge number that indicates how many tasks are associated with the asset.
13. To make this asset easily accessible from the dashboard view you can pin the asset to a card by tapping the pin button. Then tap which card(s) you would like to pin the locker to and click the “Save” button.
14. From the “Assets” topic view you can view all the assets by tapping the “Assets” tile. From the “Assets” list view you can see the “Total Costs” and “Current” value of the Assets that you’ve created in our App.
15. From the “Assets” view you can group by categories, context, status, purchase date, and last updated.
16. From the “Assets” list view you can also print by tapping the action button, and then tap “Print”. Then you can choose to print in “Portrait” or “Landscape”.
17. From the “Assets” topic overview if you tap the “Asset Statuses” tile you can manage the asset statuses. From the “Asset Statuses” view you can add, delete, or edit statuses.