One of the unique aspects that our Toodledo/Google/Asana task integration provides is the ability to use a Toodledo/Google/Asana task (by sync’ing it to a local task) within the context of any topic object. For example, you can have a Project or an Event or a Service Provider or a Trip in LifeTopix that contains a Toodledo/Google/Asana task with appropriate location, context tags, categories, etc., just like a local task.
You can sync online Tasks using either of the following:
1. Google/Toodledo/Asana Task folder-level sync using the “Sync All” button (“My Topics” –> “Tasks + Projects” –> “Online Tasks” –> <Google/Toodledo/Asana Task Folder> –> “Sync All”). This action will sync all of the tasks in that online Google/Toodledo/Asana task folder.
2. Individual Task-level Sync by using the Google/Toodledo/Asana button in the Task Detail View.
3. Individual Task-level Sync by triggering an implicit task sync by saving an already sync’ed online task from the Task Detail View.
Asana sync setup is a bit different than Google or Toodledo. In the Online Tasks view, when you set up the Asana connection, you select a workspace. All your projects should now be listed. If you tap on a specific project, you’ll see its tasks. If you tap on Sync All, the tasks will now be synced with LifeTopix (now they have a LifeTopix counterpart). Only then do they show up in the other views in LifeTopix as applicable, and their due dates decide where they show up in various views (My Agenda, My Calendar, Tasks List, Task Calendar, etc).
Asana sync (unlike Toodledo or Google sync) is initiated at a project-level for the first sync. Subsequent syncing of the linked project/tasks can be done from the project/task detail views. Also, when you sync a project in LifeTopix (from project detail), to an Asana project, all the tasks in that project sync with tasks of that Asana project as well.
So, Asana tasks can be synced in the following additional ways:
1. From project detail View: All Asana tasks under that sync’ed Asana project – This step creates Asana project/tasks from LifeTopix project/tasks
2. From “Project + Tasks” Topic –> Online Tasks –> Asana section, all the Asana projects are visible. You can sync these Asana projects (selectively) to LifeTopix, which creates a local project and it’s tasks and link them to the corresponding Asana projects/tasks.