This topic enables you to manage information about your home and everything else you own.
Key features of the Home + Assets topic
- ability to track all relevant aspects of your possessions, including seller, purchase date, cost, current value, manufacturer, model number, SKU, serial number or vehicle identification number (VIN), and service
- automatic reminders through integration with your device’s Calendar
- touchpoint to the People + Services
Using Home + Assets touchpoints
Touchpoints allow relevant information to be shared seamlessly between Home + Assets and People + Services. Example: You may have a landscaping service or a mechanic who performs regularly scheduled auto maintenance. You can define these service providers directly from within Home + Assets as you are defining the home and car and they will show up automatically in People + Services. Or, if you have already defined those service providers in People + Services, you can link to them directly as you are defining your home and car in the Home + Assets topic.
How do I use Home + Assets?
The Home + Assets topic view provides these sections:
- Home + Assets Svcs — touchpoint to the Home + Assets category of services in People + Services
- All Assets — all assets, including those that are not categorized
- Categories for Assets — defined assets sorted by category
Home + Assets Svcs
“Home and asset services” are products or labor you receive from companies, organizations, or individuals for things you own. The oil changes for your car, the insurance for your home, and the safe deposit box for your valuables are all examples of services.
Home + Assets Svcs is a touchpoint to the Home + Assets category in the People + Services topic. This means that services defined here will appear as services in the Home + Assets category in the People + Services topic. Tap Home + Assets Svcs to go to its view which contains the following sections:
Home + Assets Services:
- If there are no home and asset services defined, this section will contain only a button titled Tap to add: Service. Tap that button or tap in the title bar to define a new service.
- If there are home and asset services defined, this section shows all those services, sorted alphabetically by default. Tap Sort to alternate between sorting services by date modified (with the most recently modified one first) and alphabetically by title. Each service includes the service’s name, its service provider, and either its category or update time, depending on which sort mode is currently active. Tap Add in the section header or tap in the title bar to define a new service. To edit a service, tap it, modify the settings, and tap Save. To delete a service, tap it and then tap at the bottom of the view.
All Home + Assets Services: Tap here to view all home and asset services in all categories and subcategories.
Subcategories for Home + Assets Services: This section shows all home and asset services subcategories, sorted alphabetically. Tap Add in the section header to define a new home and asset services subcategory at this level; tap Manage in the section header to edit, rename, hide or delete the existing subcategories at this level; or tap a subcategory to display the corresponding view for that subcategory.
Tap All Assets to go to its view.
If there are no assets defined, help appears to get you started.
If there are assets defined:
- The top of the view shows the sums of the costs and the current values of all assets.
- The view shows all the assets sorted alphabetically by default.
- Tap Add in the section header or tap in the title bar to define a new asset.
- Tap Sort to alternate between sorting assets by date modified (with the most recently modified ones first) and alphabetically by title. Each asset includes the asset’s title, its cost, and either its current value or update time, depending on which sort mode is currently active.
Categories for Assets
Categories are available for use with assets. You can create, modify, hide, or delete categories via LifeTopix Settings or directly from the Categories for Assets section by tapping the Manage button. When an asset category is deleted, it is completely removed from LifeTopix. When an asset category is hidden, it no longer appears in the Categories for Assets section, but it remains defined in LifeTopix and is still available in the category list when you are defining a new asset. Note that asset categories that are in use or serve as touchpoints to another topic cannot be deleted or hidden.
To create a new asset category, tap Add in the Categories for Assets section toolbar.
To mark an asset category hidden, or to modify its name or description, tap Manage in the Categories for Assets section toolbar, then tap the category’s .
To delete an asset category, tap Manage in the Categories for Assets section toolbar, then tap the category’s . If the category is not in use and it does not serve as a touchpoint to another topic, then it can be deleted and will appear in the bottom toolbar. Tap to delete the category.
Tap a category in the Categories for Assets section to go to the asset view for that category. If there are no assets and no subcategories defined in that category, help appears in order to get you started. If there are assets defined in that category, they are all shown in a section whose behavior is described in the All Assets section above. If there are subcategories defined in that category, they are all shown in a section whose behavior is described immediately above.