Do you find yourself scrambling at the last minute when preparing for your summer vacation? Are you searching for websites, digging through your email inbox, wallet, or handbag for notes and itineraries at the eleventh hour? Do you write checklists that eventually get lost? Do you worry that you might forget important details — like remembering your passport?
Best Travel Apps
If you need assistance organizing and planning, apps can help. There are several best-of-breed apps and websites for purchasing airline tickets, booking accommodations, and making reservations for attractions — but how do you organize all that information into one place? For example, how do you keep track of flight information, hotel reservations, car rentals, weather forecasts, meetings, and more? If this is your goal, the LifeTopix app for iPhone and iPad can help.
Some travel organization apps allow you to forward confirmations from airlines, etc. to an email address and those apps compile your itinerary. If you’re like me, you might prefer that the itinerary is not compiled automatically because I don’t trust that it would be created accurately. I like to be able to locate the original itinerary as a PDF file or email, and I also prefer to see my travel information in context with everything else in my life. Our philosophy is to allow you to access all these items (and create them your way) — all in one place with everything else you are managing in your life.
LifeTopix brings together all travel-related information under the Travel + Places topic. Trips, Visits, Places, as well as travel related Notes, Bookmarks, and Services can be accessed from this topic. Since Places, Notes, Bookmarks and Services are “touchpoints” into the appropriate categories under their native topics: People + Services, Notes + Files, and Bookmarks — these can be managed from either topic, based on the context you might be in at any given time. The slideshow below demonstrate the management of this information from multiple topics as relevant to the information being created.
When traveling, some things you might want to keep track of are listed below. Good news — LifeTopix has a feature to cover all of these items — and all the information is accessible through a LifeTopix Trip:
- Calendars — LifeTopix Trip Calendar
- Travel Agents, Pet Care, and Child Care — LifeTopix Service Providers & Travel Bookmarks
- Travel Checklists — LifeTopix Checklists
- Places to Visit — LifeTopix Travel Bookmarks
- Trip Notes — LifeTopix Notes + Files (also including Evernote, Dropbox, Google Docs)
- Sharing — LifeTopix Social Collaboration (Facebook, Twitter, Email, SMS)
- Itineraries and Confirmation Numbers — LifeTopix Notes + Files (also including Evernote, Dropbox, Google Docs),
- Weather Forecasts — LifeTopix Travel Bookmarks
- Meeting Information — LifeTopix Notes + Files (also including Evernote, Dropbox, Google Docs)
- Contacts — LifeTopix People + Services
- Insurance Information — LifeTopix Notes + Files (also including Evernote, Dropbox, Google Docs), LifeTopix Health + Activity
- Auto Rentals & Transportation — LifeTopix Service Providers
- Directions — LifeTopix Near Me, Maps, and Travel Bookmarks
- Photos & Video — LifeTopix Media & Travel Bookmarks
The LifeTopix Way — Now and Beyond
Today, with the LifeTopix app, you can compile your travel information from file attachments and bookmarks. You can also obtain those files directly from your desktop using LifeTopix AirAccess™. AirAccess is a powerful and efficient desktop client that allows you to connect wirelessly from your Mac to LifeTopix running on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. In LightArrow’s next major upgrade, 5.0, LifeTopix will directly extract those files and put them into the trip that you are planning — allowing this process to get even easier.
View the following slideshow to see how we’ve used LifeTopix to plan an exciting vacation to Cabo San Lucas.
How do you stay organized when traveling? Please share your tips & tricks.
EVERNOTE, the Evernote Elephant logo and REMEMBER EVERYTHING are trademarks of Evernote Corporation. All other company and product names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners in certain countries.