WHAT CAN I DO HERE?
In this view, you can set colors; enable AirAccess; set maximum occurrences for repeat schedules; position new note items; position new checklist items; set your default search URL; set your Default Dashboard view; enable or disable deletion of quick inbox items after conversion; set whether or not items that are due later in the same day are overdue; set your default iOS calendar, and set the specifications for iOS calendar reminders.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
AirAccess™: A free powerful and efficient desktop client that allows you to connect, wirelessly, from your Mac to LifeTopix or My.Agenda running on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Find AirAccess at the Mac App Store.
Quick Inbox: Captures and holds any type of information quickly so you can provide more detailed information, such as a due date, later as time permits. Quick Inbox items can be converted to other types of objects, such as tasks or appointments.
You can customize the appearance of your app by changing the main color and accent color.
How to change the app’s theme:
- In the My Settings view, tap Main Color and then tap a color.
- Tap Accent Color, and choose a color by tapping it.
- Tap Save.
DEFAULT DATE TYPE
You can specify the default date type (Date+Time or Date Only) for many types of objects. For example, when you create an object, such as a bill payment, you can specify date only to be indicated as opposed to a date and time. The types of objects that support this setting are appointments, bills, events, notes, projects, checklists, inbox items, services, shopping items, shopping lists, trips, tasks, and visitors.
How to change the default date types:
- In the My Settings view, tap Default Date Type and then tap a type of object.
- Tap Date + Time or Date Only by tapping your selection.
- After you’re finished making your selections, tap Save.
LightArrow AirAccess™ is a powerful and efficient desktop client that allows you to connect, wirelessly, from your Mac to LifeTopix or My.Agenda running on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. In other words, it acts as a convenient remote interface for quickly adding data to your app through typing entries on your Mac. If you plan to run AirAccess on a Mac to connect to LifeTopix or My.Agenda running on your device, you need to set this option to ON. You will also need to enable WIFI via your device’s Settings, and connect to a WIFI network before you attempt to establish the connection from AirAccess to this device.
How to enable and use AirAccess:
- In the My Settings view, switch Enable AirAccess to ON.
- Open AirAccess on the Mac.
- When your device appears in the list on the Mac, click it to select it and then click Connect.
- Then accept the Incoming Connection Request by tapping Accept on your device.
In some areas of your app, you can set repeat schedules. For example, when you define tasks, bill payments, events, or occasions, you can specify that the item should repeat. The repeat frequency you can select includes daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. In addition, you can specify the duration of the repeat schedule, which can be a maximum number of occurrences or a specified date. This setting allows you to limit the number of instances of any repeating item to safeguard the performance of the app on your device.
How to set Max Occurrences:
- In the My Settings view, locate the Repeat Schedules section.
- Select the number of maximum occurrences from the Max Occurrences field, and then tap Save.
NEW NOTE ITEM
You can choose whether new note items are added to the top or the bottom of your notes. By default, they’re added to the top.
How to change the position of new note items:
- In the My Settings view, locate the New Note Item section.
- Select top or bottom, and then tap Save.
NEW CHECKLIST ITEM
You can choose whether new checklist items are added to the top or the bottom of your checklists. By default, they’re added to the top.
How to change the position of new checklist items:
- In the My Settings view, locate the New Checklist Item section.
- Select top or bottom, and then tap Save.
When you add bookmarks to an object, you may find it easier to use a search engine to find your desired URL rather than having to type in the URL yourself. If set, the Search URL specifies the starting page to load when you are using the browser to define a bookmark.
How to set the default search:
- In the My Settings view, locate the Adding Bookmarks section.
- Tap Search URL, and then type the Search URL you wish to use, and then tap Save.
DEFAULT DASHBOARD VIEW
You can choose the view that appears when you launch your LightArrow app by changing the default dashboard view. The default dashboard view is the Home (Agenda) view for many LightArrow apps.
How to set the default dashboard view:
- In the My Settings view, locate the Default Dashboard View section.
- Select a view from the list, and then tap Save.
DELETE QUICK INBOX ITEMS AFTER CONVERSION
When you convert Quick Inbox items to LightArrow app items, you can choose if these items remain in the Quick Inbox or if they are removed from the Quick Inbox. By default, items are not removed.
How to set whether or not Quick Inbox items are deleted after conversion:
- In the My Settings view, locate the Delete Quick Inbox Items After Conversion section.
- Choose YES for the quick inbox items to be removed from the view or choose NO for the quick inbox items to remain in the Quick Inbox.
- Tap Save.
AGENDA VIEW OVERDUE ITEMS BEHAVIOR
You can choose the behavior of overdue items that show in your Agenda view. You can choose whether overdue items include only overdue items, items due later today, or to exclude items due today.
How to change the behavior of overdue items:
- In the My Settings view, locate the Agenda View Overdue Items Behavior section.
- Choose Only overdue items, Include items due later today, or Exclude items due today, and then tap Save.
CREATE LOCAL NOTIFICATIONS
You can choose whether or not local notifications are created by your LightArrow app. Local notifications originate from the device itself as opposed to somewhere outside the device and they schedule an alert to notify you about events. These notifications are presented as an alert box or notification panel with a message accompanied by a sound and the vibration of the device. When you disable local notifications it does not remove notifications that have already been created.
To enable or disable local notifications:
- In the My Settings view, locate the Create Local Notifications section.
- Choose Yes if you wish for your app to create local notifications.
- Tap Save.
Notes about audible reminders:
When you create a time-relevant item in your LightArrow app (task, trip, bill, event, etc.) — behind the scenes, an entry is made into the iOS Calendar, along with a built-in calendar reminder (this is configurable in the LightArrow app My Settings view). Also, a local notification is registered for the time of the item (for example, the due date/time of a task). Both of those items make a sound, and they respect your configurations in your device’s Settings app.
DEFAULT IOS CALENDAR
If your iOS device has multiple calendars configured, your LightArrow app can display information from them and make entries in them. This setting allows you to specify which calendar should be the default for entries added when you create date-oriented items in your LightArrow app.
Note: If you are using device-to-device sync, this value is not synced across devices.
To set your default iOS calendar:
- In the My Settings view, locate the Default iOS Calendar section.
- Tap the field for Calendar Title and choose the calendar you wish to be the default.
- Tap Save.
IOS CALENDAR REMINDERS
Device Calendar reminders make sense for certain objects within your app, and you may want more advance notice for some reminders than for others. For example, you may want to be reminded of your trips five days in advance, but only one hour in advance of each task.
You can configure these settings here. When you create date-relevant objects in your app, entries will be added to your device’s Calendar with reminders set according to the preferences you specify here. You can also specify that you want entries added to your device’s Calendar without reminders, or that you don’t want entries added to your device’s Calendar at all.
How to change the timing of reminders for different types of items:
- In the My Settings view, locate the iOS Calendar Reminders section.
- For each of the item types, choose the timing that works for your life or business.
- Tap Save when complete.